“I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies.”
- We are growing and are always on the lookout for qualified and committed individuals who can bring applicable experience and skills to our organization.
- Our goal is to create a dynamic and diverse organization ready to be the leader in our industry.
- Join usto help realize the full potential of microalgae.
Lyxia Corporation and Xiaozao Tech are equal opportunity employers. As a multinational company we depend on the varied background and experience of our diverse, international workforce. Should you be qualified for one of the openings posted below, we look forward to hearing from you.
Xiaozao Tech research and process development positions are located at our R&D Headquarters in Shenzhen, China. Guangxi Agriculture manufacturing, engineering, aquaculture, packaging and QA/QC positions are located at our production site in Fangchenggang, China on the South China Sea. Positions listed under Lyxia Corporation are field positions as noted.
We offer a generous compensation package including competitive salary commensurate with experience; performance-based bonus; medical, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid vacation time; and childcare benefits.
Your curriculum vitae and inquiries may be directed to Email
See also our job post on Linkedin and ResearchGate
- North America Field Sales Manager, East – (Field, Remote)
Lyxia Corp | Xiaozao Tech is a young biotechnology company focused on commercial scale cultivation of microalgae and downstream extraction of molecules of interest. We are greening the planet and creating new and advanced options for human and animal nutrition. We grow microalgae and extract eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) – an Omega-3 nutrient most commonly found in fish oil supplements. Our EPA is cleaner, more concentrated and more biologically beneficial than EPA from fish oil. We currently have locations in the United States and China and are now expanding to southwestern Europe.
As we now prepare to commercialize our products, we are looking to fill the role of North America Field Sales Manager, East. This individual will drive new account acquisition and management across the eastern United States and Canada. This position will require field work, work from home and periodically, time in office. The ideal candidate for this role is a demonstrated self-starter that can thrive and deliver under minimal management and is capable of handling many time-sensitive tasks concurrently. You must be detail oriented, fluent in English (French is a plus), and committed to achieving your objectives. Past experience in start-ups marketing novel products and technology is a plus. Position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Sales.
1. Develop and implement effective sales strategies
2. Prospect for valuable sales targets within territory, secure meetings, and deliver sales presentations
3. Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
4. Negotiate and close supply agreements, follow through with delivery and further account development
5. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
6. Prepare, analyze and report on your territory performance metrics and suggest improvements
7. Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
8. Report market intelligence and customer requirements / suggestions / concerns to management
9. Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with customer needs
10. Understand specific customer applications and unmet needs to drive new product development
11. Attend trade shows and symposia, drive deeper brand and product connections with your customer base
1. Minimum of 5 years of successful (recent/current) B2B FIELD SALES experience. nutrition industry a plus
2. Technical competence and acumen to learn our science and educate our customer base
3. Experience managing a high-performance sales team is a plus
4. Command of customary business software to include CRM, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
5. Ability to report, analyze and leverage sales performance metrics
6. Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
7. Strong verbal and written communication and team management skills
5. Analytical skills with a passion for problem-solving
6. Availability to travel up to 60% as needed
7. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant scientific field
8. Authorized to work in the United States with a current valid passport
9. Driver’s License and clean driving record
Lyxia | Xiaozao Tech is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing challenging and rewarding career opportunities for motivated professionals. You will work with a team of passionate scientists, engineers and support personnel that are excited to contribute to a better tomorrow for each other, our families and our planet. To learn more about us, visit our website.
- Algae Scientist
We are hiring an algae industry veteran with extensive experience in designing and building algae cultivation systems such as open raceway ponds with paddle wheel, raceway ponds with pump system, flat panel photobioreactors, and airlift column photobioreactors, etc.
1. Design and build algal cultivation systems which provide a optimal culture conditions.
2. Simulate the growth and productivity under different climate and environmental conditions.
3. Analyze resultant production cost and energy efficiency.
4. Implement sensing and smart actuation to monitor and optimize system performance and generate a database to collect analyze growth data associated with various system designs.
5. Optimize controllable parameters to achieve enhanced growth rates and yields.
6. Establish standard operating procedures on optimized designs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
1. B.S, M.S or Ph.D in Mechanic Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or any field related to algae cultivation or industrial aquaculture.
2. At least five years of industry experience, including cost statistics, process design, and data analysis.
3. Ability to lead the engineering team to construct culture systems from lab scale to large scale.
4. Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5. Competence with simulation software such as CFD, Aspen etc. and design software.
- Lead Oleachemist
Lead Process Engineer for Oleochemistry – Shenzhen Qianhai Xiaozao Technology Co., Ltd is looking for an experienced, innovative and passion-driven process engineer to lead the (operation) development, optimization, and scale up of our downstream process to commercially produce valuable specialty omega-3 lipids from marine microalgae for food and nutraceutical application.
Duties would include, but are not limited to, development of novel processes and optimization of existing processes to effectively extract, purify, and formulate specialty lipid products for human nutrition, personal care, and active pharmaceutical intermediate applications while managing cost and achieving quality and safety standards.
Work with the current team of downstream production to develop and improve process including lipid extraction, purification, solvent recovery and formulation for the Company’s microalgal omega-3 product line.
1. Cooperate with the current team of downstream R&D to design and execute process R&D plans so as to further implement newly developed and improved processes.
2. Develop and update the current standard operating procedures and manage training of engineer and workers for newly updated SOPs to ensure efficient operations.
3. Ensure downstream processes and operations comply with EHS and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) regulations. Coordinate with QA dept to facilitate the system establishment including BRC, Kosher, Halal, NSF, cGMP, etc.
4. Investigate, design, and manage process economics.
5. Accountable for department budget expenses and usage to remain within budget.
1. Masters or PhD in chemical engineering or degree in comparable area.
2. 8+ years’ experience in oleochemical processing, purification, and formulation, or comparable experience.
3. 5+ project management or equivalent experience.
4. Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with peers, subordinates, and superiors.
5. Able to develop and build effective teams.
6. Able to appropriately set priorities.
7. Experience with work safety, environment, health and food safety issues.
8. Routine physical activity including standing, walking, typing, climbing, lifting, light outside work and occasional confined spaces.
9. Ability and willingness to work for extended periods at Lyxia’s operation in Guangxi, China as needed.
1. English, preferably Chinese or Portuguese
Fangchenggang, Guangxi/Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Near Term, until end of 2020) Lisbon/Sines, Portugal (2 yrs later)